Morning dress is an outfit for daytime and it used to be worn by English aristocrats. Nowadays it can be worn by anyone, at events such as weddings and horse races.
(1) A morning coat – this coat is black, has 1 button (very rarely it can have 2 buttons) and peak lapels:
(2) A vest – it can be simple or double breasted:
(3) Trousers – usually grey with vertical stripes and worn with braces instead of a belt:
(4) The shirt – here there are 2 options:
a) you either choose a shirt with a “normal” collar (be it classic, spread, cutaway, tab, club, etc) with double cuffs (French cuffs) and a tie:
b) or you can choose a wing collar shirt with simple cuffs (those with buttons not cufflinks) and an Ascot tie. Remember! In this case I’m referring to the formal Ascot not the casual one, which is worn over the shirt not inside of it:
(5) A pocket square
(6) Black Oxford shoes
(7) A top hat:
(8) Leather gloves – usually grey, made of goat skin, it doesn’t matter if they are suede or not:
(9) Grey or white spats:
(10) An umbrella or a cane:
(11) A pocket watch:
You can also accessorize your lapel buttonhole.
For those who want to stand out there is another way, called grey dress: