In the last article I gave you some hints on how to improve your style with no costs by wearing clothes you already have in your wardroe in a different way. Now I am going to list a few modifications any tailor can make to your clothes with minimum costs that will improve your style. Both these articles are for beginners.
(1) Modify your shirt from a loose fit to a slim fit. If it’s necessary you can also shorten or take in your sleeves.
The downside of this is that ironing a modified shirt may give you a bit of a headache, especially near the modified seam.
The upside if that you will look a lot better.
(2) Shorten your jacket sleeves to show 1 – 1.5 inches of your shirt.
(3) Shorten your pants. It is the easiest and cheapest modification a tailor can make to your clothes. If it’s necessary you can also take in a bit from the side seam.
(4) If you don’t want to spend your money on a pocket square go through your wardrobe, you may own a bandana you don’t wear anymore. Also your mom or your sister may own a silk scarf they don’t wear anymore. Take these to a tailor and make yourself some pocket squares.
(5) Give your shoes some personality with a pair of coloured shoe laces. The price is small but the visual effect is quite something.